There’s something deeply satisfying about creating a culinary masterpiece from scratch, especially when it’s centred around the flavourful brilliance of seafood. If you’ve recently made an online seafood purchase and are searching for inspiration to showcase your Australian prawns, this article will guide you through some delicious recipe ideas. So, let’s dive in and discover how to make the most of your online seafood purchase.
Few things marry as well with prawns, such as garlic and butter. This simple yet elegant dish is a surefire way to highlight the flavour of your Australian prawns.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 500g of Australian prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g of unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the prawns and cook until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serve your garlic butter prawns with crusty bread to mop up the sauce or over a bed of steamed rice for a satisfying main course.
Why not venture a bit further afield and try your hand at a seafood paella? This Spanish classic can be easily adapted to incorporate a variety of seafood, such as prawns, mussels, or squid.
For a basic seafood paella, you’ll need:
- 500g of a seafood mix (including your Australian prawns)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups of Arborio or short-grain rice
- 4 cups of chicken or fish stock
- 1 teaspoon of saffron threads
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat in the oil.
- Dissolve the saffron in a little hot stock and add to the pan and the rest of the stock.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the seafood mix and peas.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the seafood is cooked and the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve your seafood paella straight from the pan, garnished with lemon wedges.
With these recipes, you can savour your online seafood purchase and impress your family or guests with your culinary prowess. From the rich, garlicky flavours of Australian prawns in garlic butter to the colourful palette of seafood paella, these dishes will help you make the most of your online seafood purchase.
Remember, the key to any excellent seafood dish is the quality of your ingredients. Buying fresh, high-quality Australian prawns and other seafood online ensures you start with the best possible base for your culinary creations. So, the next time you’re in the mood for seafood, consider the convenience of an online purchase and let your creativity in the kitchen take the lead.